I am a researcher in the database group at Microsoft Research. My
current research focuses on big data, stream processing and one-pass analytics, and Cloud computing.
Overall, I am interested in data management, with particular
interest in the following areas:
- One-pass analytics and stream processing
- Big data
- Cloud computing
- Query processing and optimization
- Distributed systems and distributed data management
Two research papers have already been accepted for presentation at the VLDB 2014 conference. A special shout-out to my interns from 2011 and 2012 (Wenchao and Abdul) who were collaborators on these projects. Hangzhou - here we come!
- Badrish Chandramouli, Jonathan Goldsten, and Abdul Quamar. Scalable Progressive Analytics on Big Data in the Cloud. In 40th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '14), Hangzhou, China, September 2014 (PVLDB Vol. 6, Issue 14). [pdf]
- Badrish Chandramouli, Suman Nath, and Wenchao Zhou. Supporting Distributed Feed-Following Apps over Edge Devices. In 40th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '14), Hangzhou, China, September 2014 (PVLDB Vol. 6, Issue 13). [pdf]
Click here for a full list of my publications.
- 2008-present: Researcher, Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA.
- Summer 2005: Research Intern, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center,
- Summer 2004: Research Intern, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center,
- 2000-2002: Software Design Engineer, Texas Instruments Research
and Development Center (India).
- Ph.D. Computer Science, Duke University (2008)
Topic: Unifying Databases and Internet-Scale Publish/Subscribe
Advisor: Dr. Jun Yang
Nominated for SIGMOD best dissertation award.
- M.S. Computer Science, Duke University (2004)
Topic: Distributed network querying: reducing costs by providing
Advisors: Dr. Jun
Yang and Dr. Amin
Outstanding Research Initiation Project Award, Duke
- B.E. Computer Science, VJTI, Mumbai, India (2000)
Distinction with overall rank among top three.